This is me: take it or leave it

Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Beginning

Wow, my first blog. How exciting. So, I've been reading blogs recently and thought "hey, maybe I should start doing that". Its not like anyone is going to be interested in reading about my oh so fun and exciting life (do you sense the sarcasm?) but hey, it'll at least keep me entertained and *hopefully* SANE!
Okay, here it goes. I'm one of the few Americans who is proud to say that I have kept up with my New Year's Resolution to lose weight and get in shape. WooHoo for me. I've found that having an accountability partner and setting up goals and rewards has really helped. I also write down everything I eat, drink, exercise, and thoughts ever single day. It has really helped knowing that my accountability partner will be looking at it. I don't want her to think I'm a lazy pig! Anyone who ever wants someone to work out with, let me know. It has become my new passion.
So, moving on. I just started my last semester of undergraduate work. I thought I would take a small load and finish off easy. Oh how wrong I was! In just three classes, I have about 10 papers to due over the semester, not counting tests, other assignments, and a fourth class I'm taking. If I can make it through this semester, I can handle ANY job out there. Speaking of jobs, I'm not sure what I want to do after graduation. I still have 4 months. That's plenty of time right? I really want to get into the federal government. I'm looking into intelligence analysis at the major government departments (DEA, FBI, CIA). But I have to already possess a degree to even apply. And by the time the whole process of applying, interviewing, drug screening, poly graph test, and background test is over, it might be this time next year before I even know if I get a job. What do I do in the meantime? Sit on my hands and wait or get something else for "just in case and to keep busy"? I'll come up with something. Let the job search begin (in between studying, papers, reading, working, working-out, going to class, and church!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home