This is me: take it or leave it

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

YAY!!!

Last night I got home (about 10:30 pm) and checked my mail. And there is was. A letter with an address for Allen at boot camp! I was so excited I almost cried. It wasn't an actual letter from him. It was a standard, pre-typed letter telling about boot camp and stuff. But it had my name and address and his in his handwriting on the envelope and in the letter. The address might change because I got a call Saturday saying that he was dropped to the holding platoon because he was sick. I don't know any more than that, so I'm worried about what happened. And this letter was post marked before that call. Either way, the letter I've spent days working on while waiting for an address went out today and will get to him even if some of the numbers changed. I figure once it gets on base, it will find its way to him eventually. It's the little things like seeing his handwriting and hearing his voice when he called to say he made it there that have really helped me. It's hard being away from him. We saw each other almost everyday for 3 months and spent a lot of time together. All of a sudden we have virtually no contact. I used his advice and joined a support group for girlfriends of Marines. I love it! I told him I wouldn't, that I didn't need to meet new people, but I love it. It's online. I have has questions answered and just support from other girls who have been through it and are currently going through it. It really is a wonderful group of women. It will be fun to see if any of them have boyfriend at Parris Island now who might know Allen. And maybe I'll get the chance to meet one or two after graduation if any will be there at the same time. Anyways....I'm tired and have to get up to buy stamps tomorrow :) Keep praying for Allen. If anyone wants to write him, let me know and I'll get his address to you. I've already sent it out to the people closest to him for the most part. But I may have missed people, so let me know!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    send me his address and I'll at least drop him a Christmas card. Maybe I'll tell him stories about you!

     
  • At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey....any news?


    ~Me

     

Post a Comment

<< Home