This is me: take it or leave it

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Changes, Changes, Everywhere!!

So, everything that is big in my life is changing. Good changes though. Luckily, I LOVE change--if not I would be completely freaking out right about now!
August-started going to different churches. What a HUGE change! I had been at the same place for 23 years. It was familiar and comfortable (to a degree). The funny thing, I haven't been afraid to walk into a church, by myself, where I know absolutely no one. I never thought I'd be able to do that and still feel comfortable. But, I do. I've found a couple that I have really enjoyed being at.
September-Start my new job!! Yay! It's about time. This will be my first "real world" job. This will also be the first job I've had where I am the only new person and know no one going into it. At my last job when I started, like 10 new people started all at once so I wasn't the only clueless person there! I am super excited though, even though first shift starts at 6AM! Who works at 6 in the morning?? i didn't even know there WAS a 6am. This means I'll be getting up at 4:30 and drinking A LOT of coffee. I will be updating on the job!
November-I plan on moving the first weekend in November to my own place in Wadsworth!! Keep the weekend open to help me move----I'll feed you :) Seriously, anyone who is willing and able to help...more details will be coming. I promise to make it a fun time :)
Well, these are the "planned" life changes for the next few months. For those of you who are observant, you noticed that there was no October. Hmmm...will I be able to have a month with no major change now that it is becoming the "theme" of my life? We'll see. Keeping my fingers crossed that maybe October will have the best life change for me ;) What, do you ask, is this change I'm hoping for (and have been not only hoping, but praying for for years now)....well, I don't want to jinx it by telling. :-)~ Those who know me best know what I'm thinking! And others can probably guess all the same.
Well, that's all I have right now. I'll update on how the job goes probably after my week of training in London. Can't wait for that! Vacation--here I come. Yes, a working vacation, but a much needed break from Akron. I'll take what I can get at this point.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome to the adult world of setting the alarm clock to get up in the dark!!

    We miss you here in Admissions. While the new flock of students is OK, they aren't you!

    You know our hours if you ever want to stop in. Amanda is my new BS/MD Jacki!

     
  • At 3:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Where's the updates???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home