This is me: take it or leave it

Sunday, May 06, 2007

I CAN READ!!

Good news....I can read Harry Potter again!! I took the defective book to Borders in Chapel Hill Mall and talked to the guy working. I showed him where the missing pages were and he was as shocked as I was. He said he would only be able to return the book if they had sold one in the past three weeks (because I didn't have a receipt). He checked and was able to exchange it. I had him check three times that all the pages were there (especially the ones that I had been missing) and it checked out ok. The only downfall was the price printed on the old book and the one on the new book were different....and take one guess at which one was higher! So, I paid a $4 difference to get my missing 30 pages. Oh well. While I was there however, I went ahead and pre-ordered book #7-Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The guy said that they will be having a sale the day they come out at midnight.....I told him I'd see him then! I'm debating about getting the book they have about whether or not Snape is good or evil. It's the whole controversy behind the series. (Well, a big part of it, especially once you get into the later books). If I finish the series before the new one comes out I think I'll go ahead and get it and see what theories it has about him. I work all night (until 6am) and if it stays as slow as it has been all day, I'm gonna try and get a few chapters down. I read book #5 a couple months ago, then started all over at the beginning, but I think I'll read 5 one more time before the movie comes out. Anyways....I'm gonna get some things done at work....like watching the end of "Legally Blonde" (LOL....it was on when I got here! I love this movie!) I'll update on things later (possibly even later tonight if I get bored!). BYE!!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you're hooked on legally blond, aren't you? ;-) love you & can't wait to come home to visit you!!!

     
  • At 4:44 PM, Blogger Justiene said…

    How nerdy are we, I stayed up till midnight when the last book came out and waited in line for over an hour...and you know I am going to do it for this one too!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home