This is me: take it or leave it

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Christmas came a little early this year :)

Wow! I really haven't been keeping all of you very informed, have I? Sorry about that. I've been busy and stressed out lately.
Well, like the title says, Christmas came early for me :) Friday afternoon, me and my mom took Elisabeth to McDonald's. When we got back to her house, there was a package on the front step, so I grabbed it wondering what big thing my mom had gotten. Only, it wasn't addressed to my mom, it was for me. I was confused until I looked at the return address which was the USP store in Beaufort South Caroline....then I was just excited. I don't know if it is common, but somehow Allen was able to mail a package to me from bootcamp. Inside was a smaller box wrapped by him (I could tell he wrapped it because he taped the paper to the box...oh the things I still have to teach him!) and he had written on the paper. Inside was a red USMC sweatshirt-because he knows I'm always cold, and a flag. I was so happy. I have worn the sweatshirt just about everywhere...it needs to go in the wash today! Well, I was going to post a pic, but it won't let me open the add image box, so I'll have to do that later. To add to my excitement about the present (which I hope I wasn't suppose to wait until Christmas to open, because there was no way that would have happened, and I'm sure he knows that!), I got a letter from him on Saturday and on Monday. Monday's letter was a little love letter. I know, for those who know him, are thinking, Allen...writing a love letter? Yeah, I thought the same thing, but I loved it! It was so cute. A friend of mine read it and was like, "I had to keep telling myself that it was Allen writing this....Allen wrote this". She was shocked. If someone would have told me 6 months ago that I would be getting a love letter from Allen, I would have asked if they were on crack.
I heard from Allen's mom on Friday and she said she had gotten a call from him. He is still in the sick platoon and they are doing everything they can to figure out what is wrong and still turn him into a Marine. They have ruled out his heart being the problem and he saw to see a neurologist yesterday. We might not hear anything until mid or late next week as to how that appointment went. He sees another doctor today. He wrote a letter to his dad saying that his chances of coming home are 75% right now, and that if he does come home that he should be here in time for Christmas. As much as I want to spend Christmas with him, I want more for him to accomplish his dream of becoming a Marine.
Well, that's all there is to this update I think. I've been busy packing....well, busy putting off packing is more accurate. I'm getting a U-Haul Saturday and getting all the big stuff out. I need to have everything boxed and ready by then. Oh the joys of packing and moving. I can't see how people do it all the time. i can't wait to settle down in a house and stay there forever. Never have to pack another box again. I'll leave it for my kids after I die. (Well, one kid as of now...maybe more in my future, not quite sure yet.)
Until the picture thing is working...BYE!! I'll post pics of my present, my new hair (it's "dark brown") and Elisabeth's Christmas pics that she got done.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Jacki, thanks for updating everyone. Just a "little bit" of advice....now don't get upset! Do you think it's a good ideal to let other people read your love letters...they are very personal, especially to the person that's writing them, they are a thread from his heart to yours. Of course, "Yours Truly" might not feel that way.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    Aunt D.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home