This is me: take it or leave it

Monday, May 28, 2007

Happy Memorial Day!

My Memorial Day started out with good intentions. I was in for a 12 hour shift at work from 6am-6pm and decided to make it a healthy day. I got up early, got ready, packed a healthy lunch, grabbed my MP3 player and walked to work. Nice and healthy, and I felt good about it. And then along came the American Legion-who also had good intentions. It is a tradition for places to have pancake and other types of breakfasts on Memorial Day before the area parade. The Wadsworth American legion participated in this tradition. They called this morning around 8am and asked if there was anyone here that was unable to leave and was interested in having breakfast delivered. Well, there was an obvious answer to this one! So, they brought over the full breakfast that they were serving for myself and 2 of the officers on duty. Here's what their breakfast included: toast with jam and butter, scrambled eggs, home fries, 2 sausage patties, 2 biscuits with sausage gravy, 3 pieces of bacon. That was in each one! It was more food than I could eat, but I gave it a try ;) And it was good. No, I didn't finish it. I did eat a little more than I should, but hey, I have a walk home after work to work some of the calories off. Well, have a good Memorial Day! Cook out, watch a parade, wave a flag, and remember those who gave their lives for our freedom and independence and say a prayer for those still fighting to keep it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home