This is me: take it or leave it

Sunday, May 27, 2007

My new toy!

So I decided I needed another toy to get me occupied.....so I got an MP3 Player. It's cute. I'm still figuring it out. It came with quite a few songs already on it. Enough to keep me content until I have time to put other stuff on it. It's interesting....they put all different types of music on here....urban hits, pop, country, hip hop, classic rock, etc....but no Christian. Hmmmm.....its not like you have to listen to what's already on here, so why not add it? They include all the other types of music....even classical and musical stuff. Most of this music I haven't listened to in 4 years...but I still know quite a bit of it. There's no way to completely avoid it. I surprisingly remember most of the words to the songs! I've decided the hip hop is probably the best to make a list of and use for running. It's has a nice quick beat to keep me moving. They do take all the really bad words out, which is a plus. My hardest thing to figure out right now is the stupid ear plug head phones! I hate these things. I can't get them to ever stay in my ears! I spend more time putting them back in my ears after they fall out than I do listening to music! Can someone let me in on the secret to these stupid things? Maybe my ear is too small. I don't know. Luckily I have regular ones that go over your head....those big huge ones. Oh well, they don't fall off!

So, today was suppose to be my first day on a new schedule at work. I'm now on part 1st shift (6am-2pm) and part 2nd shift (2pm-10pm). And of course, Elisabeth got sick last night, so I had to call off. I was excited to be back on first shift too. That's where I did most of my training. She ended up being not too bad, but I didn't want to chance it. She thought she only had to fart, but was wrong. Yeah...it was not a pretty sight....or smell. She's feeling better now, but her temperature went up a little from last night. Let's hope it's nothing that is going around.

Another new "toy" in a sense that I got was a couple puzzles. I've never been good at puzzles. My dad, brother, and sister all did them and enjoyed it put I get frustrated easy when things don't go as quick as I want. I lack the patience to put a puzzle together if it takes longer than 5 minutes. But, there I was at the thrift store yesterday letting Elisabeth play with the toys when I looked at the lady next to us and she had about 20 puzzles or so in her cart. She said she never use to like them but is now hooked. She started with 24 pieces and has worked her way up to 500. We talked for about 10 minutes and she convinced me to give it a try. Can you imagine the person with the least amount of patience in this world putting together a 300 piece puzzle! I got the border done last night and some pieces on the inside. I think I picked a bad one to start with. It's a scene with a mountain and a little pond and flowers.....a lot of flowers that all look the same! I'm not doing too bad on it though. a lot of guess work. I just can't look at a spot and go oh, I need a piece like this and then actually find that piece! I think if I ever finish it I'll frame it as my first step towards patience. Ha! It's not as bad as I though it would be. I just don't like sitting there looking at pieces that all look the same and fell like I'm not getting anywhere with it. At least with a book I can see how many pages I've read and that I've gotten somewhere with it. It's not like that with a puzzle. Well, this will be an interesting journey. Me and the puzzle and a 4 year old trying to "help" by scattering pieces all over the place....here's another patience moment for me.

Well, hope all is well with everyone. I look forward to hearing from people. let me know how things are going!

Oh, and I'd like for people to give me a list of their 10 favorite up-beat songs so I can add to my work out song list! Thanks.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know what you mean about the ear buds. I can't keep mine in either! Ben just looks at me like "I've got the most stupid mom in the world!" If someone tells you how to keep them in LET ME KNOW THE SECRET. I like country, so I'm sure you wouldn't like anything that I do, but remember sitting in my office with "Beer Goggles" playing. That one made you laugh.

    Same old stuff here at UA. We need to do lunch again sometime.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ...i got into puzzles this past year, and was surprised at how fun they can be--there's really not much to do in Muncie, so i had to pass the time somehow ;-)

    yay for MP3 players...what kind did you get? a good ending song to a long run that i enjoy is "the final countdown"--keeps me motivated to finish! enjoy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home