This is me: take it or leave it

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

In the mind of a 4 year old...

Today I was watching TV when my daughter came in and said that she had stuck gum up her nose. Why? I asked (laughing) did you do that? See, we have had many problems with her and gum. One day, I had to scrub her face for 10 minutes and it still didn't come off. And her arms, and her neck. How she got it all over and was still chewing some, I don't know. Another time, she decided to stick the whole chewed up piece in the little round spinner thing of a video cassette--from the library! And just the other day I had to cut a big chunk of her hair, right in front, because she has gotten gum stuck in it. Now, she's been told repeatedly that she is not allowed to have gum in the first place, and when she does get ahold of it (aka....grandma tells her she can have it), she knows it is to stay in her mouth or it goes in the trash. She actually cried for like 30 minutes when I pulled the gum out of the movie and threw it away....she wanted "gummy" back. Well, today I was able to calm her down and tried pinching one side and having her blow with the other to get it out...no luck. So, I found the tweezers. I had her lay down and close her eyes ( I know I wouldn't want to watch a pair of tweezers getting put up my nose) and I managed to get it out after three tries. And what dose the kid do? She holds out her hand and wants it back to chew it....snot and all. That didn't happen. Luckily, it came out in once piece. Maybe she learned a lesson from this...then again, she didn't with all the other gum incidents, so I'm not holding my breath. Just wanted to share...should make some of you laugh and others remember doing it themselves. From what I hear though, it's mostly boys that end up with things stuck up their noses. Is this a myth?

4 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger delilah said…

    I don't think that myth is true. My niece put a spikey bead up her nose once. It was BIG. And Elise stuck corn up her nose. We couldn't get it out and had to take her to the emergency room. By time we got there it was gone. That trip ended up being one expensive popsicle. Jude did put a cherrio up his nose.

     
  • At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OK, use peanut butter on hair to get the gum out - don't know how it works, but it does.

    And Ben put raisins up his nose once. I called the doctor's office and they had me blow into his mouth and out popped the raisins and snot. But it worked so life was good.

     
  • At 4:06 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    now that funny :)

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Jay said…

    tag your it

    http://meandmyworld211.blogspot.com/2008/05/tag-your-it-i-got-this-from-scrappy.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home